How we are managing COVID-19 in our practice
Here are some of the things you can expect upon returning to our office:
- We will communicate with you in the days before your appointment to ask some COVID-19 screening questions.
- We will be allotting extra time between patients. If you are running more than 10 minutes late we will have to reschedule your appointment.
- We are asking that patients come in for their appointments alone while the parents wait either outside or in their cars. Younger patients or patients with special needs are, of course, exceptions.
- We ask that everyone entering our office wears a mask. Temperature screenings and hand sanitizing will be administered at the front door.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please pull into a parking spot and then call or text 914-472-9091 to let us know you are here and we will let you know when to bring the patient to the front door.
- Partitions have been put in place between dental chairs when social distancing is not able to be met.
- We have installed medical/hospital grade air purifiers/HEPA filters to eliminate airborne particles, including viruses.
- We have purchased FDA approved extraoral suction units for our treatment rooms along with UV lights that will kill bacteria and viruses.
- Cleanliness and impeccable infection control have always been hallmarks of our practice and you may notice us taking these measures to another level, especially when it comes to our enhanced PPE.
- Non-contact parent and patient experience with a “virtual waiting room”.
- Easy, contactless payment options now in place.
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: